NYC Crisis Communications In Preparing Citizens For Hurricane Irene
The hurricane Irene might not hit as hard as expected, but I’m impressed how the city prepares itself. Right now evacuation in flood zones is voluntarily. I love the way Americans work iin these circumstances; they are calm, communicative and they spare no expenses in preparing for the worst whilst hoping for the best.
I was supposed to get back to Manhattan today, but I’m staying put in Stockholm for a couple of more days.
- Hurricane Irene: Links roundup (boingboing.net)
- Homeland Security Secretary Urges People To Heed Evacuation Orders (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cell Phone Outage Concerns Rise As Hurricane Irene Barrels Up East Coast (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Obama urges those in Irene’s path to prepare (sfgate.com)
- Hurricane Irene Is Shutting Down the Entire NYC Subway Tomorrow [Blip] (gizmodo.com)