The hurricane Irene might not hit as hard as expected, but I’m impressed how the city prepares itself. Right now evacuation in flood zones is voluntarily. I love the way Americans work iin these circumstances; they are calm, communicative and they spare no expenses in preparing for the worst whilst hoping for the best.
I was supposed to get back to Manhattan today, but I’m staying put in Stockholm for a couple of more days.
- Hurricane Irene: Links roundup (boingboing.net)
- Homeland Security Secretary Urges People To Heed Evacuation Orders (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cell Phone Outage Concerns Rise As Hurricane Irene Barrels Up East Coast (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Obama urges those in Irene’s path to prepare (sfgate.com)
- Hurricane Irene Is Shutting Down the Entire NYC Subway Tomorrow [Blip] (gizmodo.com)