If you’ve been watching the news regarding the 10th anniversary of 9/11, you might have seen the Tribute In Light right next to Ground Zero, the two pillars of bright light reaching into the majestic Manhattan night. Pretty spectacular, right? Well, not exactly if you’re trying to sleep…
Still, I posted some pictures yesterday and it’s hard not to reflect on the trauma that still hangs in the air somehow. Battery Park is full of flags—one flag for each victim and to see all those flags and to know that each represent a human life is… terrible and humbling at the same time.
It reminded me of the mental image that I still carry around about the couple who saw no other way out of the burning building than to leap off it, so they plummeted to their deaths hand in hand. No matter what your politics are; you just don’t do this to other people. You don’t.
- 10th Anniversary of 9/11 (nycprgirls.com)
- Crews Begin Installing 9/11 Tribute Lights Near World Trade Center Site (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Tribute In Light, A World Trade Center Twin Towers 9/11 Memorial (suburbanmen.com)
- Some 9/11 anniversary events in New York City on Sunday (calgaryherald.com)
- Scott Beale: Tribute In Light, A World Trade Center Twin Towers 9/11 Memorial (laughingsquid.com)
- 20 Stunning Photos of The 9/11 Tribute Lights (foxwellgallery.wordpress.com)